Lets talk about the Next gen VR experience Playstation VR2
This article will be updated anytime new news comes out for PSVR2. From the features, specifications and games we dive into the details. Let’s get into it, enjoy the read
“Sony really taking control of Next gen as they inspire the world with innovations and this reveal of the PSVR2 showcases just that.“
PlayStation VR 2 Revealed
Playstation came to CES2022 with one thing in mind, Push the interactive entertainment industry forward and After seeing all the PSVR2 details I can confirm they bringing it big time. The PlayStation VR2 Specifications are below but I want stress that we are going to see true Next gen VR as Playstation has some cool features like Headset feedback for a truly immersive experience.
“Building upon our innovations from PS5, PlayStation VR2 adds a true next-gen experience with high-fidelity visuals, new sensory features, and enhanced tracking – along with a simplified single-cord setup.
Visual Fidelity: For a high-fidelity visual experience, PS VR2 offers 4K HDR, 110-degree field of view, and foveated rendering. With an OLED display, players can expect a display resolution of 2000×2040 per eye and smooth frame rates of 90/120Hz.
Headset-based Controller Tracking: With inside-out tracking, PS VR2 tracks you and your controller through integrated cameras embedded in the VR headset. Your movements and the direction you look at are reflected in-game without the need for an external camera.
New Sensory Features: PS VR2 Sense Technology combines eye tracking, headset feedback, 3D Audio, and the innovative PS VR2 Sense controller to create an incredibly deep feeling of immersion. Headset feedback is a new sensory feature that amplifies the sensations of in-game actions from the player. It’s created by a single built-in motor with vibrations that add an intelligent tactile element, bringing players closer to the gameplay experience. For example, gamers can feel a character’s elevated pulse during tense moments, the rush of objects passing close to the character’s head, or the thrust of a vehicle as the character speeds forward. Additionally, PS5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech makes sounds in the player’s surroundings come alive, adding to this new level of immersion.
Eye Tracking: With eye tracking, PS VR2 detects the motion of your eyes, so a simple look in a specific direction can create an additional input for the game character. This allows players to interact more intuitively in new and lifelike ways, allowing for a heightened emotional response and enhanced expression that provide a new level of realism in gaming.”
“The new VR controller enables players to feel and interact with games in a much more visceral way. There are several features, including key features from the DualSense controller, which match our vision for what next-generation VR games can be.
● Adaptive triggers: Each VR controller (Left and Right) includes an adaptive trigger button that adds palpable tension when pressed, similar to what’s found in the DualSense controller. If you’ve played a PS5 game, you’ll be familiar with the tension in the L2 or R2 buttons when you press them, such as when you’re drawing your bow to fire an arrow. When you take that kind of mechanic and apply it to VR, the experience is amplified to the next level.
● Haptic feedback: The new controller will have haptic feedback optimized for its form factor, making every sensation in the game world more impactful, textured and nuanced. When you’re traversing through rocky desert or trading blows in melee combat, you’ll feel the difference, magnifying the extraordinary visual and audio experience that’s so central to VR.
● Finger touch detection: The controller can detect your fingers without any pressing in the areas where you place your thumb, index, or middle fingers. This enables you to make more natural gestures with your hands during gameplay.
● Tracking: The VR controller is tracked by the new VR headset through a tracking ring across the bottom of the controller.
● Action buttons / analog sticks: The Left controller contains one analog stick, the triangle and square buttons, a “grip” button (L1), trigger button (L2) and Create button. The Right controller contains one analog stick, the cross and circle buttons, a “grip” button (R1), trigger button (R2) and Options button. The “grip” button can be used to pick up in-game objects, as one example.”
We have a list of games coming to the PSVR2 and will update whenever new ones are announced. Note that most likely all the original PSVR games will work and perform better on the PSVR2. Sony started with a banger of a teaser, While most are anticipating Horizon Forbidden West myself included we get a PSVR2 first look at Guerrilla games studio new project called Horizon Call to the mountain.
Guerrilla and Firesprite Games creating a brand-new experience set in the world of Horizon for PS VR2, this unique experience has been designed to push hardware technology, innovation, and gameplay. The stunning visuals and brand-new PS VR2 Sense controllers give a new meaning to being fully immersed into the world of Horizon.
Games Now Confirmed For PlayStation VR 2:
-Horizon Call Of The Mountain
-Samurai Slaughter House
I would like to add one of my favorite studios for VR First Contact Entertainment Developers Of PlayStation VR Exclusive Firewall Zero Hour VR Hiring For “Exciting Next-Generation Project” I am assuming Sony could have greenlit another project with this developer.
Release date and price coming soon?
At the moment there is not official release date or price, the headset images are not available but I am sure that before e3 we will have all that plus more Sony studios revealing PSVR2 titles. Stay tuned here for updates as we are locked in for the future of everything PSVR2.
Summary for original PSVR
If you reading this and own a PSVR you know how many good memories the device offered and I expect the PSVR2 to add even more to that. Here are just a few fun games you can enjoy via PSVR.
Firewall: Zero Hour
No Man’s Sky VR
Iron Man VR
Blood & Truth
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Star Wars: Squadrons
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
Wipeout: The Omega Collection
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Next gen VR experience is here
The industry of gaming is beyond amazing pushing technology to new heights and the PSVR is doing that for us all. Hoping for a good price and release for 2022. you can stay tuned to our youtube and here for more gaming news. I will be dropping a Most anticipated games for 2022 soon. Stay tuned and thank you for reading.
You must log in to post a comment.